Protego Biopharma is a seed stage fast-growing company focusing on R&D of small molecule therapeutics targeting protein misfolding diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented biologist to join our team. This role provides scientific expert knowledge as well as technical expertise and leadership in design and execution of experiments in the areas of drug screening, molecular and cell biology, protein chemistry, and assay development. This role requires at least 50% of bench-level work. You will be a key member of the biology core team and work with both internal team and external collaborators. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, striving for excellence, high aptitude for learning, trouble shooting, team work, and communication skills are essential. This is a full-time position in San Diego, California.
A PhD in Biological Sciences, Neuroscience, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job duties is acceptable.
· Extensive hands-on experience with modern biotechnology and techniques, including compound screening, cell biology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry, as demonstrated with strong publication or other records, is required.
· Prior experience in biomedical research including disease biology, target validation, assay development, and compound screening is highly desirable.
· Detail-oriented, eager to learn and continuously improve, and a dedication to quality.
· Effective and professional communication skills, written and oral, and aptitude for problem solving and technical writing.
· Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines and company objectives.
· Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis and statistical software.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Protego is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
For submission, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.